Max Lange is an amateur anthropologist and creator of time-based media. He was born in Munich in 1988 has studied Media Art at the University of Art & Design in Karlsruhe, Germany.He started to experiment with audio-visual media shortly after September 11th 2001 and has since released and performed music under several pseudonyms including Günther Lause and Maxim Wolzyn. He has composed and performed spatial compositions for the 4D sound system and for the Klangdom at ZKM Karlsruhe.
Since 2014 his interest has shifted to the archeology of media using the internet as an open archive to explore sociocultural and philosophical subject-matters through historical and aesthetic research.
The genealogy of the ideas that underlay human culture, is as much a focus, as the memetic, i.e. semantic systems that have enabled the transmission and evolution of those ideas through time.Media-Archeology:
ἀρχή • (arkhḗ)
1. beginning, origin
2. sovereignty, dominion, authority
λόγος • (lógos)
1. That which is said: word, sentence, speech, story, debate, utterance.
2. That which is thought: reason, consideration, computation, reckoning.
3. An account, explanation, or narrative.
4. Subject matter.
5. (Christianity) The word or wisdom of God, identified with Jesus in the New Testament.
Meme from μίμημα • (mímēma, "imitation, copy")
1. Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another in a comparable way to the transmission of genes.
2. (Internet, slang) Something, usually humorous, which is copied and circulated online with slight adaptations, including quizzes, basic pictures, video templates etc.