Max Lange (*1988) is an audio-visual artist, music producer and meme archeologist.
He has studied Media Art at the University of Art & Design in Karlsruhe.
He has released music on various labels including Marionette and SVS records and has composed and performed spatial compositions for the 4D spatial sound system and for the Klangdom at ZKM.
Lately his focus has shifted to research using the internet as an open archive to explore sociocultural and philosophical subject matters through memetic archeology encompassing all forms of digital media.
The genealogy of the ideas that constitute human culture, is as much a focus, as the semantic systems that have enabled the transmission and evolution of those ideas through time.
2014 / MYCEL / Music Performance Festival / Maximiliansforum München / Regie und Komposition für 5 Interpreten
2015 / CIRCLING AN ANCIENT GOD / INSONIC ZKM Karlsruhe / Elektroakustische Raumkomposition
2016 / DIE STERNENSAAT / Archeoakustisches Hörspiel / Kunst-Research Hybrid, Sound, Booklet und Vinyledition ☞
2016 / 4D SOUND RESIDENCY / Spatial Sound Institute in Budapest / Performance v. Tetrahedron sound sculpture
2017 / BOIDS - Eine futurologische Tanzperformance“ / Schwere Reiter München / Komposition
2018 / NEW BEGINNINGS / 64 h happening, v. Alexander Giesche / Münchner Kammerspiele / Sound
2018 / Depresssiontakeover / Instagram residency / Fotos, Illustration & Video
2019 / ANTEDILUVIAN / Videoessay (32 min) ☞
2016 / 1.Preis für Beste Inszenierung / Leipziger Hörspielsommer / Festival für Hörspielkunst
2017 / Stipendium der Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg / Experimentelle Musik
ἀρχή • (arkhḗ)
1. beginning, origin
2. sovereignty, dominion, authority
λόγος • (lógos)
1. That which is said: word, sentence, speech, story, debate, utterance.
2. That which is thought: reason, consideration, computation, reckoning.
3. An account, explanation, or narrative.
4. Subject matter.
5. (Christianity) The word or wisdom of God, identified with Jesus in the New Testament.
Meme from μίμημα • (mímēma, "imitation, copy")
1. Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another in a comparable way to the transmission of genes.
2. (Internet, slang) Something, usually humorous, which is copied and circulated online with slight adaptations, including quizzes, basic pictures, video templates etc.