Max Lange (*1988) is a multi-disciplinary artist, researcher and music producer.
He has studied Media Art at the University of Art & Design in Karlsruhe and Psychology at the University of Munich.
His music ☞ has been released by various labels including Ilian Tape, SVS and Marionette and he has composed spatial music for the 4D sound system Budapest and the Klangdom at ZKM Karlsruhe.
In his narrative work he focuses on the genealogy of ideas in current socio-cultural systems in an approach he calls memetic archeology.
2016 / DIE STERNENSAAT / Archeo-acoustic radioplay/ Art-Research Hybrid, Vinyl edition w. Booklet ☞
2016 / 4D SOUND RESIDENCY / Spatial Sound Institute in Budapest / Performance v. Tetrahedron sound sculpture
2017 / BOIDS - Eine futurologische Tanzperformance“ / Schwere Reiter München / Composition ☞
2018 / DEPRESSSIONTAKEOVER / Instagram residency / Fotos, Illustration & Video ☞
2019 / ANTEDILUVIAN / Video-Essay (32 min) ☞
2022 / PRIME VERTICAL - ESCAPIST ESCHATON / Ilian Tape / Double LP ☞
2016 / 1.Preis für Beste Inszenierung / Leipziger Hörspielsommer / Festival für Hörspielkunst
2017 / Stipendium der Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg / Experimentelle Musik
ἀρχή • (arkhḗ)
1. beginning, origin
2. sovereignty, dominion, authority
λόγος • (lógos)
1. That which is said: word, sentence, speech, story, debate, utterance.
2. That which is thought: reason, consideration, computation, reckoning.
3. An account, explanation, or narrative.
4. Subject matter.
5. (Christianity) The word or wisdom of God, identified with Jesus in the New Testament.
Meme from μίμημα • (mímēma, "imitation, copy")
1. Any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another in a comparable way to the transmission of genes.
2. (Internet, slang) Something, usually humorous, which is copied and circulated online with slight adaptations, including quizzes, basic pictures, video templates etc.